It’s time to get creative in the kitchen again, with one of my quick and easy muscle building recipes.
My basil and chili chicken is high in protein, low in carbohydrates and moderate in fat, making it a perfect choice when you’re trying to reign in your carb cravings and turn up the fat loss.
It’s also a simple way to make chicken interesting again.
Each serving provides you with approximately 45g protein, 9g carbs and 10g fat.
Ready to get started?
- This recipe provides enough for 1 serving.
- This food can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely cut
- 1 red chili pepper
- 200g chicken breast, diced
- 8 basil leaves
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Thai 7 spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic & herbs, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, Thai 7 spice, soy sauce and ginger. Stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve with coriander.
- Get those gains!
If you need more fitness tips and easy-to-make muscle building recipes to help on your fat loss journey, join over 100,000 others on my email list.