BAND INCLINE CHEST PRESS
- Secure a band to a low point under a bench.
- Set a bench to a 45* angle and lie down, taking an overhand-grip of the band in each hand.
- Set your shoulders to the correct position by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Set your midsection to the correct position by squeezing your glutes and driving your feel into the ground.
- Press the bands up at chest level, bringing your hands together in the mid-line of your chest at the top of the rep. As this is a chest exercise, we always want to ensure we are coming up and IN, not just up.
- Make adjustments to your grip position if you want to. This is one of the main benefits of bands (alongside the changing tension throughout the rep). I like to opt for a more diagonal-grip as opposed to a straight overhand-grip, it’s more comfortable and allows me to feel a better chest contraction.
Chest, shoulders, triceps.