BARBELL BENCH PRESS
- Set a bench to a 90* angle and lie down, taking an overhand-grip of the bar in each hand.
- Experiment with grip positioning. When the bar is lowered, your forearms should be vertical.
- Set your shoulders to the correct position by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Set your midsection to the correct position by squeezing your glutes and driving your feel into the ground.
- Lower the bar towards your chest, keeping your shoulders pinned back. Your lats will act as “brakes” to help you control the bar.
- Power the bar back up to the starting point.
Chest, shoulders, triceps