BEHIND-THE-BACK CABLE CURL
- Attach a D-handle to a low pulley.
- Stand facing away from the cable station and take a step forward. If you’re gripping with your left hand, step forward with your right leg (opposite side gives you better balance).
- Your working arm should be nicely in line with your trailing leg. Let the cable hang with your elbow slightly behind you (see video), this places your biceps in their lengthened state, and means you’re going to travel through an absolute full range of motion.
- Curl the D-handle up by squeezing your biceps HARD, making sure to keep your elbow position – don’t let your elbow pop forward.
- When you switch to work the opposite arm, change your stance to the opposite leg, too.