BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT
- Position your back foot on a bench or step around hip-height. This will put your hip flexor on that leg on stretch throughout the set.
- The other foot should be far enough forward to create a 90* angle at the bottom of each rep.
- Keep your front foot flat on the floor, and lower yourself down to that 90* angle. Keeping your upper body upright will place more emphasis on the quads, but adding a slight forward lean (like I do) brings in the glutes for assistance.
- Drive yourself up by engaging your quads on the front leg HARD.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in each hand, or a plate in both hands.