DB FLOOR FLYE
- I’m not a fan of going heavy on DB FLYE, because the shoulder joint tends to take too much punishment to “feel” the pecs working with a heavier weight. This is a great little workaround exercise to solve this issue…
- Set up on the floor with some heavy-a** dumbbells and press them up to begin the exercise.
- Keep the DB’s chest level and perform the lowering phase of a flye movement, slowly allowing the weights to lower towards the ground.
- The ground will prevent you from going too low, therefore not causing pain to the front delts.
- When you reach the ground, you can simply BENCH PRESS the weights back up to the start, or you can bring your elbows to your sides and CLOSE-GRIP BENCH PRESS the weights back up (you’ll see both variations in the video). The FLYE motion is all about the lowering phase.