- Set your shoulders to the correct position by squeezing your shoulder blades together against the bench.
- Set your midsection to the correct position by squeezing your glutes and planting your feet firmly.
- Keep the dumbbells in a neutral-grip position at chest level.
- Let your arms travel out wide, with a slight bend at the elbows, until your elbows are level with the line of your body. There’s no need to go any deeper into the stretch than this, it will increase stress on the front delts which isn’t the main focus of this exercise.
- Drive the weights back to the center-line of your chest by squeezing your pecs HARD.