- Lie on a flat bench, and take an EZ-bar up above your chest with arms fully extended.
- I like to use the narrow-grip of the EZ-bar for better triceps activation.
- Before we start our rep, notice how I allow my extended arms to drift back slightly (see video) so the bar is about eye level, not chest level where many people do this move from? This will force your triceps to “switch on” and prevent the bigger, stronger muscles in the surrounding area (pecs, deltoids) from assisting as much.
- Lower the bar back and down behind your head as low as you can comfortably get it, then drive back up by squeezing your triceps HARD.
- In the top position, your arms should be fully extended, triceps flexing, and the bar should be about eye level, not chest level.