- Set a cable station to slightly higher than shoulder level.
- Most gyms don’t have a long rope, so attached TWO rope pulleys, pulling them all the way through to create your own long rope (see video).
- Take an underhand-grip of the rope, your thumbs should be on the ball of the rope or completely off the rope and pointing behind you.
- Get into a split-stance for balance, and pin your shoulders back to avoid rounding of the upper back.
- Move the weight by pulling your elbows and hands back towards your shoulders. Your thumbs should travel back and behind you, and you should look like you’re ready to do a Shoulder Press at the end of the rep. Too many people get this move wrong by having their elbows and hands in a straight line at the end of the rep, your hands should be higher above, not in front (see video).