LATERAL BAND WALK
- Get inside a resistance band, feet pointing forward.
- Pull the band to create as much tension as needed.
- Step to one side, pushing from your abductor (outer thigh) and glutes (bum) on the leg your stepping with.
- Bring your other foot back into line, then step again.
- Switch direction.
- You’ll feel your outer thigh doing the brunt of the work here. Try to keep your toes pointing forward to keep the muscle continually engaged, avoid turning your toes out (like a penguin), as this will switch the abductors off. Your glutes will come in to assist the abductors if they are weak.