PARALLEL PAUSE SQUAT
- Place your feet where you’d put them if I asked you to jump as high as you could. This is your natural position for maximum power, so start there and make slight adjustments if necessary.
- Load the bar onto your back, and slowly lower yourself to the bottom position of a squat.
- DO NOT go “ass to grass”, there is no tension at the bottom of an ATG squat. Aim for parallel. This will ensure your quads are fully engaged.
- Hold a pause at this position, keeping your core tight and fighting against the urge to let your knees cave.
- Power up from a dead stop at the bottom of the rep by driving your feet into the ground HARD, and pushing your hips forward to complete the rep.