SMITH MACHINE CRUNCHES
- Lie flat on the floor underneath a Smith machine bar.
- Bend your knees in order to place your feet flat on the ground.
- Position the bar at around chest level. Your arms should be fully extended with the bar in its lowest position.
- Crunch up by driving through your abs. The bar will move up, your arms should remain straight to limit assistance from your shoulders and pecs.
- Come back down to the floor, and reset for the next rep.
- I like to lift my butt slightly as I crunch up, tilting my pelvis up towards my abs to create a harder contraction.