SMITH MACHINE LEG RAISES
- Lie flat on the floor underneath a Smith machine.
- Position the bar two or three notches up to give yourself room to grab hold of the bar (see video).
- Take an overhand-grip of the bar. This is important, because an underhand-grip wouldn’t allow you to push into the bar to control the rep anywhere near as much.
- Push your hands into the bar, now tighten your abs and draw your legs up and back, in an arc-like manner, until your butt comes off the floor and your knees are close to your chest.
- Control the negative (lowering) phase of the rep, don’t just drop down.