- This exercise can be done with bodyweight, but I’ve added a pair of light dumbbells into the mix for the video demo to show how to do so when the time comes.
- Lay flat on the ground and retract your shoulders, pushing your chest out.
- Try to perform a shoulder press from this position, slowly forcing your hands up while keeping your shoulders back and chest out.
- Can you maintain posture in the top of the rep? If not, there’s a weakness with your rear delts and/or lower traps.
- To increase difficulty further, lift your feet off the ground to bring a hamstring static hold into the mix.
Shoulders, traps, middle back.