SWISS BALL CRUNCHES
- Sit on a Swiss ball and roll forward until you’re in a lying position.
- Your knees should be at a 90* angle, feet planted firmly.
- Lower back will be supported but your bum should be off the ball.
- Squeeze your abs as you crunch up to the top position, tilting your pelvis towards your upper body as if trying to close yourself into a ball. This pelvic tilt is crucial to achieving a great contraction of the abs.
- I like to start breathing out at the very start of the rep. Most people wait until they reach the top of the crunch before breathing out, but you’ll increase the contraction if you start to exhale first, then perform the rep.