TWISTING BUTTERFLY MACHINE
- Set the handles to chest level.
- Chest up, shoulders back at all times (no leaning forward at the end of the rep! This would disengage the pecs and tell the deltoids to take over.).
- Squeeze your pecs to drive the handles of the machine across your body in an arc-like motion, meeting in the mid-line of your chest.
- Control the weight as you return to the start position, following the same arc-like motion.
- Notice my grip (see video)? I start with a neutral-grip, pushing my hands into the handles rather than gripping the bar. Near the end of each rep, I rotate my hands to create a supinated-grip, which allows me to squeeze my pecs to a slightly greater extent.