- SETUP: Step inside the trap bar. Your toes, knees and shoulders should create a straight vertical line as you set up to lift the bar. This ensures you’re not hunching forward or rounding your lower back.
- REP: Lift the weight by tightening your grip of the handles, driving your feet into the ground, and pushing your hips forward.
- TIP: Being inside the bar will mean using more quad power, and less lower back than a regular deadlift. This may mean a heavier weight on this exercise over time.
MUSCLES WORKED BY THIS EXERCISE:
- Legs (Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings)
- Back (Lower Back, Middle Back, Lats, Upper Traps, Lower Traps)
- Arms (Forearms, Biceps)