- SETUP: Lie flat on the bench and hold a dumbbell above at shoulder level. Turn the weight so your palms are facing your lower body, this will make the dumbbell easier to hold.
- POSITION #1: Keeping your elbow locked in place, let your arm drop in a controlled manner until you create a 90 degree angle. The dumbbell should be sitting near the opposite shoulder now. Drive the weight back up by squeezing your triceps hard. Once you’ve performed all the reps in position #1, we move to position #2.
- POSITION #2: Same as above, except this time we turn our dumbbell into a neutral-grip position and let our extended arm drift back until the dumbbell is roughly eye level. This will place the triceps on stretch, from here we bend the elbow and lower the weight behind our head, before pressing it right back up to the starting point.
- TIP: This exercise combination works very well with high rep sets!
MUSCLES WORKED BY THIS EXERCISE:
- Arms (Triceps)
- Cross-body DB Triceps Extension (First move)
- Single-arm DB Skullcrushers (Second move)
- Stretch Skullcrushers (Good alternative!)