- SETUP: Take an overhand-grip on the bar and deadlift it up from the ground. Hinge forward at your waist to create as close to a 45* angle as you can. I like to look forward, as this helps keep your chest up & shoulders back, which will prevent your back from rounding during the set.
- REP: Row the bar by towards your belly button. Focus on pulling your elbows back, forcefully contracting your lats.
- TIP: Don’t make the mistake of rowing your elbows out to the side. The bar will travel towards your chest instead of your belly button, and this isn’t going to hit the target muscles.
MUSCLES WORKED BY THIS EXERCISE:
- Back (Lats, Middle Back, Lower Back)
- Arms (Forearms, Biceps)
- Seated Cable Row
- T-bar Row
- One-arm DB Row
- Diagonal Cable Row
- Inverted Row (Bodyweight)